Wednesday 19 December 2012

Why am I feeling down?

The past week I've been feeling generally down and found myself longing for some significant change in my life which seems to be taking the shape of wanting a new dog or a kitten! My hubby is being great and just saying no because he knows how impulsive I can be when I get like this. This could be down to my not getting enough sleep or the time of the year. I've not found the time to really sit with this in meditation due to Haydn, my 7 month old, needing me, tiredness n chores n Dan needing my help.

I think I am.just generally frustrated by life atm n feel.powerless to change it. I haven't got a job and cannot start.finding one until Jan, the employment tribunnal against my old company who made me redundant when I was on maternity is in Feb, I'm struggling to deal.with dans epilepsy which stops him helping me at night with Haydn. This is a good time for me.to practice surrendering to the current moment and just practice patient acceptance:

"As Shantideva says:

There is no evil like anger And no virtue like patience.

With patience, we can accept any pain that is inflicted upon us and we can easily endure our usual troubles and indispositions. With patience, nothing upsets our peace of mind and we do not experience problems. With patience, we maintain an inner peace and tranquility that allows spiritual realizations to grow. Chandrakirti says that if we practise patience we will have a beautiful form in the future, and we will become a holy being with high realizations." (Introduction to Buddhism by Geshe Kelsang Gyatso)

I need.to accept.that this situation, these feelings and emotions are.empty of permanence, they will change and cease soon enough and give way to a whole new.load of emotions and challenges, so why get caught up in.them if they are going to go.soon? Just keep breathing and say, this will end soon enough...

After Haydn has gone to bed and I've watched Merlin :) I'm going to listen to 'After the Ecstasy, the Laundry' by Jack Kornfield. I've read it before and I know its an excellent book about adjusting to western reality after experiencing moments of enlightenment, and coping :)

Ive also decided to go to the new Kadampa centre in Chorlton in the new year as everything's wrapping up for Xmas atm.

No comments:

Post a Comment