Wednesday 26 December 2012

Xmas n New year reflections

My first Xmas with my son was brilliant, just to see the sheer joy on his face with certain gifts was amazing! But this Xmas brought with it some realisations for me which shocked me.

I got for my husband things I knew he wanted because I asked him to send me a wish list. He instead did not ask n got me a huge load of choc n some patches for my jacket which were nice n a £30 b&q voucher. Typing this now it seems like I got good gifts, but at the time it did seem very repetitive. My thoughts n judgements shocked me. I thought 'Great, I got him loads of stuff he really wanted n it seems like he just went round his works, why so much choc?! This is rubbish, his gifts I got him are so much better!' As I said, shocking! I took some time to examine them n realised I was still attached to material things n that was very wrong of me. So, for the rest of the day I focused on the joy my.son for from his gifts n was grateful fpr my hubbys presence n love, not caring about the little gifts social rules say we have to buy. But I realised I have some work to do on my mind regarding this...

No comments:

Post a Comment